Monday, December 11, 2006

Friends Reunion, My Ass!


You knew it was only a matter of time that with the new Courtney Cox drama on FX, "Dirt" premiering next month that the question would start to be thrown around again. Will there be a "Friends" reunion special? Courtney recently sat down with school girl, Billy Bush of Access Hollywood, to talk about "Dirt" and the interview turned into a "will there be/won't there be" a Friends reunion "palooza." Here is a snippet from the interview:

"Is there any way the Friends cast gets together for a reunion?" Billy asked.
"I would not be opposed to it," Courtney revealed.
"Lets not make a big deal out of it," she said, "and say, ‘Oh the "Friends" are getting back together.'"
"You already opened up the door," Billy countered. Courtney responded, "I'm just saying I'm not opposed to it.
Jennifer [Aniston] said she's not opposed to it. When we say 'reunion'… do a little thanksgiving episode, sure…why not what are we all doing? It sounds fun."
Turns out Courtney and her close friend have already spoken about it.
"Jennifer [Aniston] and I talk about it because we love each other and we hang out all the time. Why not do it? Will it happen? It's a lot of different people to get into the room, it's a whole big thing, so the chances of it happening is so slim. But would Jennifer and I? Sure, we'll eat some turkey together."
Sounds promising…but don't set your Tivo just yet.
"We are not doing it. Don't print we are doing it." Courtney warned Billy.
"It sounds to me it's an option," Billy replied. "I'm not saying you're doing it. You're saying that "we might."
"No," Courtney clarified, "I said 'we would'. I didn't say 'might'."
But how big is the difference between "might" and "would" really? Bigger than you'd think.
"There is a big difference! 'Might' means 'possibly' and 'would' means 'would'. There is no 'could.'"

Um, yeah ok. I don't know what conversation was more awkward...that one or the one where President Bill Clinton said that he did not have sexual relations with that woman and then tried to prove the point he didn't lie by saying that it depended on what your definition of "is" is.

Regardless, I'm surprised Billy Bush doesn't get punched more in interviews. I think a "Friends" reunion is a bad idea. Did anyone ever see "The Fact's of Life" reunion a few years ago? Yeah, that literally was the worst thing I've ever seen on television. I'm not joking...the worst.

Anyway, check out Courtney's new show, Dirt, on FX Jan 2nd at 10pm (Tuesday). Be sure to look for Ross and Rachel in the background.

No comments: