Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Janet Jackson Clearly Hasn't Been to the Supermarket Since 1973


Sometimes it's a complete stereotype that the rich and famous are out of touch with reality. Sometimes it's dead-on accurate though. Janet Jackson seems to have lost touch with reality right around 1973 apparently. Miss Jackson (because I'm nasty) was hanging out with Missy Elliot a little while back when the two decided to run to the supermarket, late night, to grab some food. Janet said:


"It's so funny because I haven't set foot in a grocery store in years, you know. And that's so embarrassing. A few years back Missy and I were hanging out. "It was so late at night, and we went to the grocery store - this is when I still lived in Malibu - and I hadn't been in a grocery store in so long. I kept going, 'What's this?' "First of all I had the cart and I was riding down the aisles standing on it. And there's nobody there but us. And we got in the checkout. And I'm seeing this square thing, and I'm like, 'What's this you guys?' "And Missy just looked at me. And they said, 'That's so you can use your credit card.' And I said, 'You can use your credit cards in grocery stores now?' "And Missy cracked up laughing. She thought it was the funniest thing. I didn't know!"


Seriously? Yeah, that actually isn't as funny as it is scary. It's times like this when I stop feeling bad for celebrities who have money "secretly taken from them" by the people who work for them. I mean, who doesn't know what a credit card machine looks like? I should let Janet know that there are also men who drive dirty yellow cars around and they're called, "cabs" or even "taxis." Also, there are places that force you to throw money into a bucket in order to keep on driving. These places are called "toll booths." Jeesh.

Who Said That!?!

No comments: