Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A-Rod to Jeter: It's Not You, It's Me XoXo


Any time I can poke a little fun at anything "Yankees" you know I'm jumping on the bandwagon. As if being the "biggest choke in sports history" wasn't enough now it looks like A-Rod and Derek Jeter may be dunzo and the "biggest joke in sports history." At the least there is a little bump in their relationship, but it's nothing that Dr. Phil can't fix. Let's take a listen to what A-Rod had to say about his struggling relationship with Jeter:

"We were best of friends about 10, 13, 14, years ago, and we still get along well. We have a good working relationship. I cheer very hard for him. He cheers hard for me. And most importantly, we're both trying to win a world championship. The reality is there's been a change in the relationship over 14 years and, hopefully, we can just put it behind us. You go from sleeping over at somebody's house five days a week, and now you don't sleep over. It's just not that big of a deal."


Uh, yeah, it isn't so much of a big deal. However, you know what is kinda a big deal? You guys used to have sleepovers 5 days a week. Between 10-14 years ago you crazy cats were like 18 years old. Isn't that a little old to be having sleepovers? I bet you guys use to braid each others hair and tell ghost stories, and freeze the bra of the first guy who fell asleep, and tried to contact Babe Ruth via your Ouija board, etc. You girls were clearly BFF's. Why not bury the bedazzled hatchet and try to win yourselves a World Series. At last count you haven't won a World Series since A-Rod joined the team. That must be tough. That can be taxing on a relationship. Tough.

Anyway, Derek Jeter is tired of hearing about this supposed "tiff" and says that his relationship with A-Rod is a "non-issue." Poor Jeter. Denial is the first step in the mourning process.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get A Life of YOUR own... you Loser!

Anonymous said...

It's "Yankees." There's no need for an unnecessary apostrophe (Yankee's).

Also, they were braiding each others' hair, not "others hair." The "others" is a possessive.

Instead of mocking Jeter and A-Rod, why not go open an English language grammar book and read it all the way through?

Pop Culture said...

I made one of the two changes. I got tired half way through. I also got tired trying to find an "English language grammar book." So, I stopped. Thanks for the spell/grammar check. You are clearly better than "F7."

P.S I can't read. I am blind, clearly. I actually have my seeing-eye-pony type this for me. He's slow too.