Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Meredith Viera Sprouts Pillow-Ass





By now all of the world has seen Meredith Viera smash her head on the ice at Rockefeller Center in NYC while Live on the air interviewing Will Farrell for his new skating comedy, "Blades of Glory." While I don't care much about what goes on with Meredith Viera I feel obligated to write something as I was actually there to witness the fall in NYC and, well, I never get to report on anything I actually see with my own eyes. So, my faithful IBBB readers, I present to you a new little segment I like to call: "IBBB Brush With Fame, Probably Not a Good Story, But a Story Nonetheless." Catchy title, right?

So, here's how it went down. I arrive at Rockefeller Center and see a large crowd of a few hundred people around the ice rink looking down at a few people skating. Like the award winning reporter I am, I ask what's going on. People point to Will Ferrell and Meredith Viera on the ice doing an interview. Oh, I don't have a camera either, so I try to use my 1987 camera-cell phone to take a few pictures, but am too far away. It's at that moment that Will Farrell heads out on the ice with his hands up and the crowd starts cheering and laughing. I'm a huge Will Farrell fan, but even I am wondering why people are laughing. He didn't do anything, really. Anyway, Meredith then attempts to go under his legs on her ice skates and almost gets stuck. No joke, she's moving in slow motion. It's then that she pops out of the other side of this legs and smashes her head on the ice. No joke, the crowd gasps and all you hear is one "ohhhhhhhhhh" in unison. I was like, wait am I sitting in the studio audience of Full House or Saved By the Bell? Meredith then kinda gets up on her knees and laughs. I'm looking for blood on the ice.
Well, that concludes my segment: "IBBB Brush With Fame, Probably Not a Good Story, But a Story Nonetheless." Riveting, right? Sure, some celebrity bloggers camp out in front of Hyde in LA to spot Lindsay Lohan or Paris Hilton. Not me. I accidentally stroll down to Rockefeller Center to watch a middle-aged woman fall on ice skates and bump her head. Then I report on it. Not even with my own pictures. 2 days later. Jealous?

No comments: