Friday, November 30, 2007

The Soup: My 14 Year Old Girl Moment

So by now you know I'm out in LA for a few days hunting Olsen Sluts (who are apparently in NYC this week...son-of-a-b#@!), but last night I got to live out (sorta) my dream. If you're a regular reader of this site you know that I've been watching The Soup (Talk Soup) on E! since the show started about 10 years ago. It's my calling in life (next to making the Greenhouse Effect even worse). Anyway, a good friend of mine, Lauren, who I now moved to the #2 spot on my Myspace (I know!) got me and her into a taping of The Soup last night!
For me, this was like a "Make a Wish Foundation" wish for me, but without the crappy disease that you typically must have in order to get that wish granted. The taping was a blast (and a real hoot) and I then got to meet Joel McHale after the show and talk to him for a minute or two. Of course the topic was Tyra Banks (I did not bring it up). I barely remember what I said, as inside I was like a 14 year old girl meeting The Beatles. The show was great and Joel (we're on a first name basis) was a riot. Even in between takes he would tell hilarious stories and we would all laugh like school-girls.
Thanks, LTrain, for making my tiny little dream come true. LA is magical (insert sarcasm here, followed by an awkward laugh).

14 comments:

DMIA said...

Isn't the Soup in reruns due to the writer's strike? I didn't know they were doing new episodes!!!

Pop Culture said...

Oh no, my friend, they are all still new. Check it out tonight!

DMIA said...

F! Then I have missed more than a month of episodes. Thanks for letting me know. Your kickass site continues to help me out. Can you help me figue out how to drop about 20 pounds?

Lori said...

I can tell that you were excited to be there just by the multiple comparisons of yourself to a 14-year old girl Ü. I'm jealous! Soup'er Joel is brilliant and funny as hell, quite possibly because he's a native Seattleite.

Irishstayc said...

YAY!!! A dream come true for you - so happy u got to live it tho i am confused as to why you didn't take over the show for your shot at the top(the top being host of talk soup) u couldn't tie joel up and proceed with the show?? just sayin...

Anonymous said...

Why am I not surprised that you have a friend named Lauren ( L Train) that hooked you up?

I wish I had a friend named Lauren.

I'd even settle for an Emily or a Jill.

But an Elodie would be a real Keeper.

Emily said...

I LOVE the Soup!! Sooo jealous you got to meet Joel! Hopefully he'll soon rise from his somewhat obscurity to the general public and leave the host spot open for you to fill! That would be great...

GammaGirl said...

I LOVE Joel !!! Thank god it's still running new eps, I don't know what I would do without the reality TV round up.

No shame acting like a fangirl; you got to hang out with JOEL!

*..Jeru..* said...

Yey!! Im soo happy for you, congrats :D

Anonymous said...

I am jealous that you got to see it live!! that is awesome. Anyway, I am kind of let down that you didn't rush the stage and steal the spot light for at least a minute or two. it's been your calling for way too long

ZOLA said...

He didn't rush the stage because he respected his dear dear friend way too much.

...I promised to kick him in the balls if he did ANYTHING to embarrass me!!

Denisec01 said...

I'm new to your blog, but I'm glad I found it. I love The Soup, and I'm getting the chance to go to LA in May. I would love the chance to watch a taping of the show.

My best friend and I will be there from May 15-19. Is there any way you could tell me how to go about getting tickets for a taping?

Thanks so much for your (possible?) help.

Pop Culture said...

I'm not sure if you can buy tickets or get tickets. I had known someone who worked for E! at the time and the people in the audience are usually E! employees, etc.

This may be a long shot, but maybe email them through their myspace account and see if they can help you out of at least point you in the right direction (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=51118129)

Sorry I was useless with this......good luck. Let me know how it goes. Glad you are enjoying my site!

-IBBB

The Rabbit said...

i'm so effing jealous.

he is my dream man.