Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Celtics are NBA Champions! I Helped.


Boston sports teams are on fire! Oh, and after the Celtics won the NBA finals last night I'm sure the Boston fans have set the city on actual fire. After not winning a championship since 1986, the Celtics humiliated the Lakers last night in game 6 of the NBA finals with a 131 - 92 win. Now I'm not great with "the math" but I'm pretty sure that's like a 72 point difference or something. What was even better about the win was that the Celtics did it back home in front of an insanely loud crowd at the Boston Garden. I may have been watching in my apartment in NYC, but I truly believe that my viewership helped the Celts win it all. You're welcome, Celtics.

Of course, Paul Pierce brought home the MVP trophy and in an interesting "numbers" situation, the Celtics won their 17th championship on the 17th of June and when you add 17 and 17 you get 34, which is Paul Pierce's number. I assume Jesus was behind this. Thank you Jesus!

What a great time to be a Boston sports fan. Please hold all hate mail.

6 comments:

JDizzle said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! We are lucky to be sports fans in such a great city. This win was so much deserved. We should all light up stogies in memory of Red!

Ubuntu

Yvette said...

Hey Fucker what mzkes you think opposite...LOL...Love me Paul P. from my hood... Im not sore....Hope you celebrated. love you. hee hee.

that's what she said...

Lakers got OWNED!

AlexisT said...

It was also 6/17..game 6, 17th win!

Anonymous said...

What a great, great night for the C's. Pierce made the leap during this series. Rondo was beastly last night. On to 18!

Nice to spank the heartless Lakers to get it. Lose by 39 in the clincher? Good lord.

Andy said...

F Pierce
F Rondo
F the Celtics

And I'm not even a Lakers fan, I just hate you ugly Irish drunks.